What We Do
Founded in 1964, we are an all-volunteer organization from the local community. We provide direct assistance to cancer patients for prescriptions, medical supplies, food supplements, prostheses, transportation costs, respite care, special equipment, COBRA payments, utilities, etc. When insurance coverage is insufficient, costs of this type can be financially devastating to the patients as well as their families.
There are several reasons why we started the South Jersey Cancer Fund to serve cancer patients and their families in Atlantic, Cape May, Salem and Cumberland Counties:
We have all been touched by this disease in some manner.
We want those fighting cancer in our community to know their friends and neighbors care about them and their fight.
We want funds available for distribution year round.
Over 95% of the funds raised go directly to the patient needs. Monies come from direct contributions, individual memorials, and fundraising events throughout the year. Thanks to our supporters, we have been able to provide aid to hundreds of cancer patients over the years.
- October 2023 – Hammonton Cancer Foundation Dinner
- October 2023 – Boscov’s Friends Helping Friends
- October 2023 – Zumba Party to Raise Breast Cancer Awareness
- September 2023- Monday Night Football Fundraiser
- September 2023 – Walk n’ Roll Fundraiser
- September 2023 – Brigantine Beach Cleanup
- August 2023 – Brigantine Farmer’s Market Tent
- July 2023 – Brigantine Farmer’s Market Tent
- June 2023- Hammonton Cancer Foundation “Walk for our Neighbors”